.

Monday, April 15, 2019

A Story About Courage Essay Example for Free

A Story About Courage EssayWaking up in the fore zero(prenominal)n to birds chirping and the warm summer breeze is almost impossible when you live in the heart of New York City, sound it is for me at least. My name is light-haired Collins, Im your typical teenage girl. I like sacking out with my friends, having slumber parties, and going shopping. I moved from Texas to New York City a calendar month and a half ago. The turn I stepped out of the car I instantly love the change. It wasnt that I didnt enjoy living in Texas, but now living in New York mat like it make much more sense.As a child I did everything with my pascal. Biking, fishing, rollerblading, you name it. I, Sandy Collins has done it. My dad always said he wanted a better purport for me then what he had, he sure meant it. Back when I was almost el nonetheless years gray-headed my parents got a divorce, great birthday present, huh? At first when Id walk into the room where my parents would be arguing, theyd p retend they were only talking loud of some sort. But as the months went by, they didnt even noticed when Id enter the room. Soon after that my mom filed for a divorce, leaving me in the middle.It was hard to cope with it to begin with, but soon after that I complete I had no part in what happened. lawfulway four years later here I am fashioning the decision to move in with my dad. When I first mentioned moving to New York to my mom, her reaction was absolutely no. by and by mentioning it a few more sequences, giving her a month or two, she fin exclusivelyy realized that I should be able to make my own decisions because in the end itd make me happier. flat five months after, BAM New York City here I come. The twelve hour drive was definitely the tally road trip, bond time, or whatever my mom would wish to call it.She came up with a happy idea to shove me, my seven year old brother Ricky, my stepfather Joe, and herself in our beat up Toyota tercel and take on the task to dri ve us all the way to New York for the last bonding time shell have with me in a long time. Not to mention were in the month of July. Sweetie would you like something to eat? mom said shaking my shoulder. Id fallen dormant three hours into the drive. We ordered from the nearest fast food transmit, Mcdondalds, filling all our hungry appetites.After some ten hours I became so bored I started to play with the lose thread on my shirt. I could tell Ricky wasnt having any more fun then I was considering he was opening and oddment the screen of his Nintendo DS over and over and over again. The craft became agony, theres no mistrust that you could put your car in park for five minutes and no would notice. Finally after hours of traffic we arrived at the house. Dad had just walked out the front door waving and smiling.Dad I exclaimed date giving him a giant bear hug. Hi hunny, Im so glad youre here. Dad said smiling. Nice place you got here Joe said examining it with his eyes. Weve n ever been to dads place before, hed always come to Texas to visit on special occasions and my birthdays. Now you be good, call whenever you have the time and no late night walks, New York is very various then back home. Mom said. She kept going on until she had run out of things to say. Okay, Okay mom. take to you at thanksgiving, love you. I said giving her a hug. I realized after truism that, that made her take-in how long itd be until wed see each other again.After saying goodbye to everyone I knew Id miss each and everyone back home in Texas terribly but I had a feeling this was a change for the better. What we had left of the day, dad resolved itd be a good idea to show me around the neighbourhood. Your hair is so straight and black now dad said. Yeah, I coloured it a few months ago. I thought it was time for some change, like moving here. I said smiling. For the next month dad and I went fishing, rollerblading, shopping, and all the other things we used to do when mom a nd he were together.I even met a new friend, Paige. Shes the neighbours daughter she told me wed be attending the same naturalise together up the street when school re-opens in two weeks. The next day we arranged to go shopping. Hey dad, would it be O.K. if I go shopping with Paige today? I said. Sure hunny, I have to run a few errands and do some grocery shopping anyway, so Ill drop you two sullen at the mall. Dad said, smiling as always. Paige is so nice and out-going to be around. My friends in Texas were more down-to-earth.We would hitherto go places and what not, but Paiges personality screams fun. We need to spice up your wardrobe, all of your out-fits are likewise toned down for NYC. Paige said, exhausting on a vintage pair of black boots. After a couple of hours of shopping, we grabbed something to eat and went home. Home I kept thinking. I like it here, being with my dad made me so much happier. Walking down the busy streets of New York with the sound of cars honki ng, people shouting for taxis, bargainers trying to sell you their no more than $5 junk, was now what I got to call home.Oddly I loved it. When I got home I took my shopping bags to my room and headed downstairs to watch T. V while wait on my dad to come home and make dinner. As I reached for the television remote the knell rang. Hello, may I speak to Mr. Collins? Hes not home at the moment would you like me to take a message? Sure, is this Ms. Collins? Yes it is. I said, realizing soon after this person was plausibly referring to Ms. Collins as if I was my dads wife. A moment before I was somewhat to correct myself, the person started speaking again. Oh, hi Ms. Collins, this is Toms doctor, Dr. Lee. Unfortunately I have to put out the bad news to you Toms cancer results have come in positive. He has cancer in his right lung and its too late to attempt to cure it. Im super sorry to tell you this way Toms appointment was re-scheduled in two weeks from now when school re-ope ns, he cancelled the appointment scheduled for today knowing hed want to fell as much time with your daughter arriving from Texas before school started.When I got the results, knowing Tom for so long, I wanted him to know as soon as possible. I didnt know what to do, I held the phone to my ear ready to reply but my mind went blank. Eventually I replied and hung up the phone. Did I really just hear that? No, it couldnt be. My dad couldnt have cancer, he just couldnt. Who am I kidding? His doctor called for god sakes, I just didnt want to believe it. Moments later my dad walked in the front door. Hi hunny. He said smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment